"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, April 23, 2012

Ordinary Heroes!

I just got the list of all the people who purchased things from Ordinary Hero to help me put $1600 towards our adoption and some went to help pay for the rest of my mission trip.  I am blown away and thanking God for you.

You bought

1.5 Donkeys
14.5 Sheep
8 Watershoes
2 Raincoats
5 combo packs (shoes, blankets, 2 raincoats)
3 Amharic Children's Bibles
1 Fleece Blanket
Think of the impact this has made.

13 Children will have shoes
6 Children will be warm at night
12 people will stay dry in the rain
3 bibles will be probably read by many.
The load will be lightened for many woman with the donkeys
580 will be fed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every SINGLE purchase will be given to the children in Ethiopia on my mission trip or on one of the 5 trips.  I will see the impact you are making.  You are such a blessing to them and to me.  Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus.  This was so eye opening to me.  Some of you bought some super cute ordinary hero attire!  It is so hard to resist.  I would love to buy every single t-shirt!!  :)

THANK YOU TO....

Rob and Julianne Amezcua
Matt and Stephanie Masullo
Mom and Dad
Greg and Pam Sanford
Valerie Shellito
Frankie Wilford
Haley Kim
Tammy Marnell
Hannah Alcorn
Jered and Meghan Case
Suzy Graham
Stephanie Stovall
Jenn Warren
Scott and Erin Pyka
Tim and Jenni Kimbrell
Scarlet Crawford
Sandy Leija
Chase and Ashlee Greene
Shelley Morrow
Laura Bowers
Barb Petrey
Melissa Culver
Sandra O'pry
Jodie King
Lowell and Suzanne Halpin
Jared and Kristen Schweers
Steve and Colleen Sosbee
Lisa Sogard
Nicole Scotch
Joe and Lisa Cavanaugh
Lydia Fletcher
Brady and Lisa McCain
Shelley Wood
Sidra Carzola

I love this quote from Katie Davis (an amazing missionary woman in uganda who has adopted 14 children of her own)

“I learned that I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, change the world for one person. I can change the world for fourteen little girls and for four hundred school children and for a sick and dying grandmother and for a malnourished, neglected, abused five-year-old. And if one person sees the love of Christ in me, it is worth every minute. In fact, it is worth spending my life for. 
Many days, I am still overwhelmed by the magnitude of the need and the incredible number of people who need help. Many days I see the destitute, disease-ridden children lining the streets in the communities I serve and I want to scoop up every single one of them, take them home with me, and feed and clothe and love them. And I look at the life of my Savior, who stopped for one. 
So I keep stopping and loving one person at a time. Because this is my call as a Christian. I can only do what one woman can do, but I will do what I can. Daily, the Jesus who wrecked my life enables me to do so much more than I ever thought possible.” 


"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the right of all who are destitute.  Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."  Proverbs 31:8-9

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matt 25:40

"Religion that god our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  James 1:27

This is not the end of my thank yous!!  You will be thanked, hugged, and thanked and hugged again!  Tell your families how much of an impact they have made too!


No comments: