1. When I was 25, I had no idea what it was like to hold a son in my arms for the first time. At 35, I have held 3 sons in my arms for the first time.
2. When I was 25, I had no idea what it meant to sacrifice so much for someone else and want to do it. At 35, I do this everyday and I wouldn't change it.
3. When I was 25, adoption was not even on the radar. At 35, I cannot wait to bring home our daughter and give her a forever family.
4. When I was 25, I wanted more. I wanted to have a big house, a nice car. I wanted to be successful and it didn't matter if we had to go into debt to get there. I didn't give to others, I kept things for myself. I wanted things. At 35, I feel so blessed. I feel that I am right where God wants me to be. I feel like I have too much. It is more important for me to live for eternity than for this world.
5. When I was 25, Jesus was my savior, but he was not the Lord of my life. I did things my way. At 35, I try my best to do things His way. I am closer to Him than I have ever been. I cling to His word and His promises.
6. When I was 25, missions was not for me. At 35, I will be traveling across the world to show others the love of Jesus.
7. When I was 25, I was afraid of everything. I lived with what ifs. At 35, fear is not going to stop me from doing what I am called to do.
8. At 25, I prayed daily for patience. I prayed for God to mold me into the women he wanted me to be. I prayed that I would have purpose. At 35, He is still teaching me patience. He is still molding me. And He has given me such purpose. I am more aware of is grace and his love for me. As a mother of three boys, I need his grace more than ever!!!
At 35 I have 3 amazing boys, a wonderful husband, a loving family, an awesome church and incredible friends. What more could I want?
I never thought I would be where I am now, but I am so thankful where the Lord has brought me. 35 is not so bad!! I am so completely blessed and I have no regrets. I am so excited what this year will bring. Hopefully a daughter and for sure one trip to Ethiopia!! Here's to the big 3-5!