"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BSF

BSF (bible study fellowship)has touched my life in so many ways.  I cannot begin to describe how amazing this study is.  If you want God to do a huge work in your life, join BSF this coming year.  They have groups that meet all over the world.  God will change you and challenge you.  Today was our last study for the year :(.  We have been studying Acts and the Epistles.  Today was share day and you could share what you have learned this year, how God has worked in you, or what you have learned about God's character.  Public speaking frightens me.  I can sing, no problem, but speaking...YIKES.  But, I knew God was tugging on my heart to share my story, so I typed it all out that morning and I actually raised my hand and did it.  This was a HUGE deal for me.  There were at least 300 women there.  My body was shaking, my voice was shaking and my paper was shaking like crazy.  But, here is what I shared.  I read it word for word:

Three years ago, God flipped my world upside down and called me to adoption.  It took months of prayer and fighting his calling, but one day, the calling was so strong, I obediently said "yes" even though I had so many fears.  I thought it would be easy.  God called me here so why wouldn't it be easy. HA! I thought we would have our little girl home now.  But, the road has been rough.  It has been painful.  I have struggled for peace.  Before this study, I was bitter and there was a lot of grumbling on this journey God had me on.  But, this study has changed me.  God has changed me.  I have peace and am so overjoyed right where He has me.
* Faith is perfected when we fix our eyes on Jesus, persevering and enduring as he did.
* Real faith perseveres and matures through trials seeing God's blessings in all things.

I must daily fix my eyes on Christ and continue on this journey even though it is hard.  I must continue to be obedient even though I have no idea how things will turn out.

Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess. For he who promised is faithful.

1 Thess 5:25 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it!

I stand in awe of him.  I cling to him. My faith is like it has never been before.  I know who He is, I know his promises, and I know he is for me!

Hebrews 12:28-29 Therefore since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.

I have learned to have true joy in the hardships and just to praise him no matter what.  I have let go of the tight grip I have had on life and just walk in obedience to him.  I have let go of worldly things and started living for eternity.  I have had to let go of my timeline and just continue to walk on this journey no matter how long it takes or how difficult it may be.  A life of service to God requires following the spirit no matter what!!  He has more for me than I could ever imagine.  Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.

And then I sat down and my nerves didn't calm until the whole thing was over and I could get up and get to my car.  I am so thankful for BSF and so thankful for the woman who have touched my life this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman and it has been an honor to know you this year and be able to listen to your anwser and see how God was shaping you. You are an inspiration to many because your heart for Christ is humble and open and your obedience is sure which in turn brings God all the glory! Love ya!
Michelle Dooley

abby said...

I heard you read this testimony on Tuesday (and you looked so familiar to me) and then so randomly saw your post on Stephanie's blog. And I'm so glad I did! I have prayed for your daughter in Ethiopia, and for your family as you wait on God's perfect timing. God has used BSF to completely transform my life as well. Thanks for sharing how God is dealing with you. Exciting!!