"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, May 21, 2012

Taco Night

We eat A LOT of mexican food.  Not out to eat, but at home.  We eat enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, burritos, taco casseroles...etc.  I decided I needed to figure out a healthier way to eat all these things. I found a recipe for whole wheat flour tortillas and they are YUM!!  and so easy to make.  Plus, it is cheap.  I eat them for lunch with some hummus.  


I like to double or triple the recipe so we have lots of tortillas.  I could even use them for the boys lunches instead of using bread.
I also made taco seasoning.  Pre-packaged taco seasoning is full of preservatives and MSG.  
This was so easy, so cheap and makes a lot so it can be used over and over.
I have also been making homemade refried beans.  It is super easy, made in the crockpot, preservative free and GOOD!!! 



No comments: