"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ethiopia Day 8

Today was honestly not a good day for me.  I was drained and homesick.  I hadn't seen the boys in 19 days at this point and all I wanted to do was hug their necks and never let go.  We went out to the countryside to the Hope for the Hopeless orphanage out here.  It was amazing where they get to live.  They are building them a huge school with floors and ceilings.  The kids were all so happy and they knew Jesus loved them.  We had a big game of soccer (ha, not me..I watched) and the team from the orphanage even had their own jerseys.  They are serious about soccer over there.  The countryside was beautiful.  

















 One of the vans ended up with a flat tire! BOO!  I was so antsy!  I just wanted to get on the plane and fly for 24 hours to get home.  I shed many tears today!













When we got back, we pack our things and headed to the airport.  Even though I was not looking forward to the flight, I knew it was a means to get to my family.  We had a 10:30 pm flight and would not get to Dallas until the next day at 4:30 pm.  Long flight.  We had an hour in Rome to refuel and then landed in DC at 830 am.  I have never been so excited in my life!!!

No comments: