"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, June 22, 2012

HOME

Welcome to the United States.  HOORAY!!!!!!  Too bad I had a 6 hour layover then a 3 hour flight until I was officially home.  And too bad that I slept maybe a total of 2 hours and it has been almost two days.   It is just amazing how just seeing an american bathroom can make you cry tears of joy!!  

After we freshened up a bit with the bathroom sink (we smelled BAD) we headed straight for Five Guys.  Nothing better than a burger and fries at 930 AM.  It was the best thing I have EVER eaten.  Now, I have had Five Guys before and I really didn't think much about it....it was okay...but, after 9 days of eating mostly protein and granola bars, this was AMAZING!!!!  
After a long time hanging out in the airport at DC we loaded up in this teeny tiny plane.  I made it all the way from Ethiopia to the US and I was scared I was not going to make it all the way home.  Plus, the man next to me thought that he should sit in my sit with me.  It made getting home so much sweeter!!

The greatest moment EVER!!!!  Hugging my boys and Joel, of course!  

My luggage did not make it, but I didn't really care.  I had everything I needed...my family all together again! My dad met us for dinner at my favorite place, Sweet Tomato.  Sadly, my stomach had not had real food in such a long time that I could not eat much.  I was so thankful to get home and take a hot shower and sleep in my own bed.

No comments: