"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, June 11, 2012

Leaving

Tomorrow I leave for Ethiopia.  Actually, I leave for Washington DC and then the next day I will fly to Ethiopia.  It is all the same to me.  It all means I am leaving.  I have so many emotions.  I have broken down in tears for the past couple days at just random moments.  This is going to be so hard, challenging and completely stepping out in faith.  I have no idea what to expect.  But, on the other hand, I am so excited, so ready for this journey.  I am ready for my heart to be broken and I am ready to be forever changed.  I am so excited to see what God has in-store for me!  It would not change me if it was not a sacrifice.  

Please pray for my aching heart.  My boys have been gone for 8 days tomorrow and their plane lands as my plane is leaving.  I will not see them for a total of 18 days.  This is rough already and I haven't left yet.  This will be the hardest part.  Pray for my husband as he holds down the fort for 10 days.  Pray for courage and boldness for me.  Pray for my safety.  

I am hoping to post updates on my blog, but if not, Joel will.  I have 100 text messages, so he will be able to update somewhat.  At least to say that I am okay!!  Ordinary Hero will be posting a daily update of what we are doing, so if you want to see that, head over to their blog http://ordinaryheroblog.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to sharing what God is doing over in Ethiopia!!

Thank you to all of you that have given donations.  I cannot wait to see lives changed!


No comments: