"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, July 9, 2012

DTE 15 Months

We have officially been waiting for Annie for 15 months.  I cannot believe it has been that long.  For the past year, I have kind of had to disconnect myself from the adoption.  The wait has been to difficult to put myself all in.  Now that I have been to Ethiopia, I feel like part of me has been left there. My daughter is there.  My desire is stronger to have her home than it was before.  Before, I knew it would happen one day and I would just wait until that one day arrived.  Now, I still know it will happen one day and I still fully trust God with this, but I am committing to praying her and my friend Carrie's daughter home daily.  A year from now, I want to be in Ethiopia meeting my daughter. I want Joel to see Ethiopia and experience what I have experienced.  The amazing thing, when we got home, there were 7 infant girl referrals.  I moved up into the 20s (26 to be exact :) ) on the unofficial list.  It gave me hope that she could be home next year.  It renewed my spirit.   We just had our homestudy update done and hopefully that will be the last one EVER!!

I am so blessed to get to walk this journey with my sweet friend Carrie!!


No comments: