"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bye Bye Crib

Sad day for Momma. Fun day for Elliot.  Today we said goodbye to his crib and hello to his big boy bed.  Three weeks ago, I lowered his bed down super low to test him.  I wanted to see if he would get out in the middle of the night.  But, he stayed in.  He even called for me to come get him every morning.  His crib was getting a little cramped.  Before I took the crib apart, I got a little emotional.  He is still a tiny baby, right??? 

I have had my eye on this bedding from Target for several years.  It matched his room perfectly.  Part of it went on clearance this week and I was so worried that it was going to be gone.  My parents got it for him for his birthday present.  It turned out soooo cute!!!!  
He was so excited.  He kept jumping and jumping and jumping off his bed.  "yeah  for my space bed."  "Yeah for my big boy bed."  He loved it!!!!  
He looks so big in this picture!!!
I have always loved his room so I am excited that most of it stayed the same. 
It was so fun to climb in bed with him and read him books.  He talked a little bit in his bed and then fell sound asleep.  We used a pool noodle (thanks pinterest and Alcorn family) on the side so he will hopefully not roll off.
Sweet dreams, baby boy!  You will always be my baby boy!!!

No comments: