"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I DID IT!!!!!!!!

I have had a date at 5:30 am (4:30 am when I work) with Jillian Michaels for the past 30 days.  I FINALLY completed the 30 day shred.  I have had this dvd for years and I would start it and only do a few days.  Did I shred?  That is up for debate.  Over the first couple of weeks I GAINED 5 pounds.  UMMMM!  WHAT???  I was not eating bad and getting up super early EVERY MORNING.  This was really upsetting for me, but I still kept going.  I know. I know.  Muscle weighs more than fat.  It's muscle???  Stop weighing yourself.  But, I am obsessed with my scale.  And no, I am dumb and did not measure myself.  So here I am at the 30 days.  She said on the dvd that I should be noticing a six pack at this point.  Ummm....my abs missed that memo.  No six pack here.  But, I do feel stronger.  I have a lot more endurance.  I could barely make it through level one on the first week and now I am flying through level three.  My muffin top is a little less muffiny.  And now I am officially up 2 lbs instead of 5.  So, all in all, I guess it was a success.  Plus, getting up at 5:30 has its perks.  I work out, get the boys up and to school, have my quiet time, shower and get dressed, get Elliot out of bed, do a few loads of laundry, catch up on emails and blogging, clean a little, maybe even put dinner in the crockpot and it is only 9am.  I still have my whole day ahead of me!!!  It makes my day seem so less chaotic.  Monday, I will begin her newest dvd Ripped in 30.    I don't think you will find me walking around shred and ripped in 30 days from now, but it's worth a try.  I am just proud of myself for actually completing something that I said I was going to complete.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Way to go! Don't you love feeling like you have accomplished more by 9 am than most people do all day! Keep it up - I'm sure you look stunning! And take measurements this time...

The Morgan Family said...

Just FYI - I was driving through the Garland Hobby Lobby parking lot this week and I saw you walking out. I thought you looked GREAT!

Sarah said...

Good job Erica!!!! That is what I did starting back in January and it has totally worked well for me. I do suggest doing measurements because mine totally changed in a major way and isn't that really the important thing? (besides being healthy of course!!)
Good luck on ripped in 30...we can commiserate together!

Sarah said...

oh and also....I do not have a six pack either and have been doing this for 8 months...but it is WAY better and more defined for sure