"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Paper Mache' and Procrastination

Project due Monday morning.  Sunday evening, no project done.  Oliver had been wanting to make his pumpkin for school for a week now and I kept putting it off and putting it off.  He wanted to make a darth vader pumpkin and I had no idea how to do it.  So, Sunday night, I got the bright idea to paper mache' the helmet we had and use it for the pumpkin.  Oliver did most of it by himself.  The pumpkin could not be carved.

 We didn't have much time to let it dry, so I had the hairdryer out trying to make it work.  This is what we came up with.  Procrastination at its finest!  As I walked past all the pumpkins in the first grade hall, I realized that some people have been working on their pumpkins for weeks.  Some of them looked like their parents made the whole thing.   It's first grade...this is not the pumpkin that will be getting him into college one day.
To many more years of Sunday night projects!!!!

No comments: