"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decking the Halls


The tradition continues.  When we decorate for Christmas, we have a big party.  I have carried this tradition on from when I was a little girl.  We did this for as long as I can remember.  This year I let the boys go to the store with me (YIKES) and pick out all the food for the party.  Clayton really wanted to make homemade chex mix.  So that he did.  

 I usually like to make the table look festive and nice, but we had gotten home late from the Holiday express train and we just threw it all on the table.  We feasted on chips and cheese, cookies, m&ms, meatballs, smokies, cheese and crackers, pickles and lime sherbet punch.

 Elliot kind of took charge of the tree decor this year.  He was very serious about it.  We ended up with a half naked tree because most of the ornaments ended up in the same spot.  So cute!!
 


Oliver really wanted to make these snowman cake balls.  Every time I make cake balls, it is a disaster.  I just can't do it.  There were supposed to be 20, but I got so frustrated that we only ended up with six.
 We totally NAILED IT!!!
 Elliot had the honor of putting the star on the tree this year!

 We had two new additions to our decor this year.  My Papa Joe made us the neatest handmade manger scene.  I will cherish it always.
 MommaPat made this advent calendar for us.  Each day you take out an ornament from the pocket and hang it on the tree.  We cannot wait to get started.  They used to give us money for Christmas, but just recently started making all the grandkids these amazing gifts.  They have no idea how much more this means to us.  This will be a part of our family for the rest of our lives.  It will be something that will always make me think of them.  I know how much hardwork they put into it and it was made with love.  Thank you so much for these gifts.
 One Christmas, my PawPaw picked out a special ornament for each one of the grandkids and wrote us a special note.  Every Christmas, I pull out the ornament and think of him.  Clayton always says "be very careful with this ornament, it is very special to mommy."  I miss him and my grammaw so much.  I wish they could've seen their amazing great grandkids.
Moving on......
I made these stockings last year and LOVE THEM!!!!  We have half the alphabet up there!  Maybe next year Annie will be home with us for Christmas???  I say that every year!  HA!!!  We hung her ornaments on the tree, hung her stocking and talked about her.  We love you, sweet girl.


2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

What a fun Christmas tradition to have the decorating party!
...but...girl....those cake balls. Oh my!

Stephanie said...

those cake balls are awesome. I have been eyeing them at Aldi and now know for sure...don't buy them. :) Too funny!