"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, December 1, 2012

DTE 20 months

We have been waiting 20 months for our baby girl.  There has been a huge dry spell in referrals.  Months and months and months.  But,  this week there have been 4.  Two of them affected my numbers.  I move to 21 for infant and 9 for a toddler.  Again, this list is unofficial and it really gives us kind of an idea.  Brings a little bit of hope.  Plus, I am excited for 4 babies to be orphans no more!

This wait has been so long, so trying, but so life-changing.  During the Christmas season, I always think about the people waiting for a savior to come.  

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.  He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. Isaiah 9:6-7

It took 700 years from the prophecy of Jesus's birth to be fulfilled.  700!!  That is a lot of waiting. I cannot imagine the hearts of the people just waiting and hoping and waiting some more.  

 I am so thankful that through my wait I have the love of Christ surrounding me.  I am so thankful that God sent him to this Earth so that he could be God Emmanuel.  That He walks with me and he knows my heart.  I am so thankful that He loves my daughter and is taking care of her right now.  I think of what a sacrifice it was for God to send his only son so that I may have life.  I am thankful for the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.  I would not make it through this wait without Him.  

No comments: