"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Post Cruise Recovery

First of all, I am so thankful for my Mom, Mother-in-law and Marlene for taking such great care of our kids that all came down with the flu while we were gone.  They got excellent care and we are so blessed to have these woman that love our boys so much!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We had an amazing time on our cruise.  We relaxed, I read 6 books, Joel read a lot too and did a lot of sermon prep.  We watched the sunset every night.  We ate and ate and ate.  I have 5 pounds to prove it.  That is on top of the weight I already needed to lose. YIKES!!!  So, it is time to refocus.

1.  My body will not stop swaying.  I still feel like I am on a boat and I have to take drammamine to keep me from being nausous.  This is an actual condition called Mal de Debarquement Syndrome.  I have no idea when this will stop but it is crazy.  

2.  You mean I have to make my own bed.  Someone doesn't come twice a day and clean my room and make animals on my bed out of towels?  And leave chocolates on my pillow?  Come on, Joel....

3.  Where's the dessert?  Ice cream?  Cake? after every meal....you mean I can't do that?

4.  I have to get up to an alarm?  The first day frightened me.

5.  No steak and lobster for dinner every night?  You mean to tell me we have to eat grilled chicken and veggies for dinner?

6.  I can't lay on a lounge chair ALL DAY LONG and have people bring me drinks?  SHOCKER!

I am actually really excited to be home!  I am excited to be back with the boys.  I actually cleaned out two closets on my first day home.  I have four bags of clothes to donate.  I have already gone to the doctor with three flu boys and one with a ruptured ear drum.  :(  Back to life, back to reality......


1 comment:

Ang Gamble said...

I'm glad you're back too! See you soon!