"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In the Blink of an Eye

He was a boy that was the lover of all things stuffed.  He always chose a stuffed animal over ANYTHING.  Build-A-Bear was his store.  He was a boy that always had at least two stuffed animals in tow.  Curious George and Bevo have been there since before he was born.  T-Rex joined them when he was three.  They have been inseparable.  This boy's bed normally had no room for him because there were too many stuffed animals aboard.  He would squeeze in.  He loved them all.  He would beg his Gigi to let him take home a beanie baby every time he was there.  They all had names and he never forgot a one.  Well, until recently.  I had noticed that George, Bevo, and T-REX were no longer squeezed and tucked in right beside him.  They were on the floor or under the bed.  What?  He can't sleep without this trio.  They are a part of him.  So I asked him and he said these painful words..."Mom, I am just not that in to stuffed animals anymore."  BREAK. MY. HEART. INTO TINY LITTLE PIECES.  Tears.  Literally in the blink of an eye.  

He may not need them to be there anymore, but I put the trio right back where they belong (and the yoda I made for him).  I need them to be there.

2 comments:

Joel Halpin said...

I love you so much babe. If we try hard, we can keep him little. I know it. There has to be a way...

Hannah said...

So. Sweet.