"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our little Garden

My Paw Paw was an AMAZING gardener.  Besides his incredible faith in the Lord, this was what he was known for.  I did not inherit his green thumb nor did I marry a man with a green thumb.  It is just not one of our gifts.  But, Joel has been wanting to have a garden for many years and I have it on my 40 before 40 list.  I haven't marked a ton off that list and since I will be 36 in a week, I only have 4 years to go!!!  So, Joel built the bed out of some wood we have had in our garage for years and each one of the boys picked out something they wanted to plant.  Clayton picked a Jalapeno plant.  Oliver picked watermelon.  Elliot picked strawberries.  Joel picked onions and cucumbers and I picked a peppermint plant and lettuce.  We have got a lot going on in our garden.  Now if we could just have something survive!  My Paw Paw used to say a prayer over every single plant.  He said that is why they grew so well.  So, I think we need to pray over these plants daily because we have no idea what we are doing otherwise!!  Elliot seems to think we will have strawberries overnight.  It will be fun watching each one of them take care of their plant. 











 I finally put some flowers in my planter that I got in Round Top last year!

 I planted these last year and they died right away.  But then, this year, they came back and like crazy!!!  I love the pop of yellow in my flower bed.  It makes me really happy!!!


Grow, Little Garden, Grow!!!

1 comment:

Ang Gamble said...

I love your little garden! It's just perfect and I hope everything grows for you all. It makes me want to make one too.