"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, May 19, 2013

GO BIG

Our church is doing a GO BIG campaign.  There are several parts to the campaign, but one of them is to do something BIG to remember 2013 as the year you went BIG.  Well, I really want my GO BIG to be bringing Annie home, but I have not control of that, so I decided to GO BIG in another way.  I decided that I am going to run a half marathon this year.  YIKES!  I have already put it out there, so I am now accountable to all of you!!!  I started running at the beginning of this year.  I wanted to be able to just run a few miles just for a way to exercise.  But, I conquered the couch to 5k and I have even made it to a 10k (not an actual race, but on my own).  This is huge for me.  I have never run in my entire life.  In January I could not even finish day 1 of couch to 5k.  It have to really push myself and really focus.  I am determined.  I will make it to this half marathon.  

Yesterday, I ran my first 5k.  The TastyRun at the Taste of Addison.  I finished it in 32min 38 seconds.  That was a record for me.  I just didn't even realize how fast I was running.  Plus, they had yummy food after the race.  How fun is that?  I cannot wait for my next race. Next up....a 10K.   I am thankful for my running friend, Courtney Collins that motivates me.  And of course, my husband who always encourages and motivates me!!!


No comments: