"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, June 1, 2013

26 months

We have been waiting 26 months for a referral for our daughter.  There has been no movement at all in two months.  But, I have really been at peace about it recently.  I'm okay.  I can handle the wait because it will be worth it.  We have been so busy with the end of the school year and making summer plans, so my focus has been elsewhere, which it needs to be right now.  There is also so much going on around me.  Hard stuff.  A friend's daughter just had heart surgery, a friend's sister is on hospice with four young children, the destruction and deaths from recent tornados, the daily struggles of my nephew with diabetes....the list could go on and on.  I am thankful for today and I am thankful that I get to wait for her.  It will happen.  Just trusting that God knows better than me.

No comments: