"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Just Els

Els had a rough time not staying at Gigi's with the big boys.  Gigi told him he had to be six to stay.  He said "I'm six."  "I really, really am six."  Poor boy!  Not convincing enough.  It was just the two of us.  So, I let him pick out some fun things to do.  His main request was the Perot Museum.  He loves that place.  The funny thing is he spends most of his time on one floor.  He played in the dinosaur dig sand box for an hour at least.  We spent some time at the pool and had many of chickfila lunches. oops....think we might be WAY over budget for eating out this month...too hard to cook when Joel out of town. Or maybe too depressing...or who knows.  I just didn't want to cook.  I feasted on many of lean cuisine for the week.  I had to work two of the days, so he had a special treat of spending the day with my sister Jenni, and nieces Emily, and Macey and then spending the next day with my sister, Erin.  Erin texted me around 9am saying that he was still asleep.  I was shocked.  She then texted me at 11:15 and said he had just woken up.  Seriously???  NEVER happened to me.  Might invest in some blackout curtains because the room he was sleeping in had those.  craziness.  My nieces love instagram, so I got to see many pictures and videos of them throughout the two days.  I was glad to have him back on Thursday night.  I know he is not going to fight off anybody trying to break in my house, but I was scared just being by myself.  Oh, and Daisy got to have a playdate for the two days too.  My friend, Stephanie took her.  I am so thankful for the family and friends I have been blessed with.  Including all the people that called, texted, and facebooked to check on us this week.  It was hard having Joel gone for 11 days.  I am just not used to not having him here.  So glad to have him home.







No comments: