"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Oldest

This boy is changing.  In a good way, but changing.  He's growing (he is an inch away from being my height)  and maturing.  I see glimpses of him as a grown man who is loving, caring, motivated, a good husband, an incredible father and a strong leader.  This school year is all new for him.  Way more difficult than it has been in the past.  New people...well, all new.  He has taken it on like a Rock Star.  His first week in Math he had a 70 average for the week.  I talked to him about it and he said, "it will be okay.  I think I've figured it out".  Sure enough, the next week, back up to an 89.  He is self-confident, he Loves BIG, he is HILARIOUS and sarcastic (which sometimes gets him into trouble), he is compassionate and determined. He will step in and take care of his brothers.  He will sometimes let Elliot climb into bed with him and when Elliot falls asleep, he will carry him to his bed and tuck him in.  Of course, he is still only 10 years old and has a lot of growing up to do, but I just love the person that he is becoming.  I am proud to be his Mom.  And, Joel is THRILLED that his son is big enough to mow the lawn.  Clayton charges $3 in case you are looking for a new lawn man. :)

No comments: