"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, October 21, 2013

9 Miles

That's RIGHT!  9 miles.  I. RAN. 9 MILES!!!  I ran with my friend(and family and co-pastor's wife), Megan, and it made it so much easier.  It is the first time I have not run alone.  We didn't talk much, but we pushed each other along.  White Rock Lake is 9 miles all the way around and we conquered it!!!  It was the most beautiful day and the most beautiful scenery.  Only 47 days of training left until my half marathon. This was such a great run.  I felt good and this was the first time that I really felt that I could actually run the entire 13.1 miles.  I did realize afterwards that my body needs a lot more water than I am giving it while running.  I got really dehydrated and really sick.  No BUENO!!!  I ordered a hand held water bottle to keep this from happening again.  Thankfully, Megan is such an amazing girl and still wants to continue to run with me!  Don't we look AWESOME?!?!

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

We used to live over there by WR. I remember the first time we all walked around the lake with our 3 kids in tow. We had to stop for every playground, 2x for one baby to nurse, several times for Gage and another little girl who were both potty training. Oh my gosh. It took us about 5 hours that day!

...I can't imagine running all the way around WRL.
YOU are the bomb!
And Magen is too!
:)