"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

State Fair of Texas

Oh how I love the State Fair.  It is one of my favorite places to be.  We have not been in years.  I think the last time we went, Elliot was a baby.  So sad.  This year, Oliver came home so excited and showed me his free fair ticket and made sure I marked Fair Day on the calendar.  We did not have plans to go this year, but I could not break his heart.  So, I got a free ticket for Elliot, two free adult tickets for us and free parking pass.  SCORE!!  That was a huge money saver.  Just to get in, you usually drop at least $50.


 Elliot loved feeding the animals.


 After the animals, we went straight to the corny dog stand and Big Tex!  We love our Fletcher's Corny dogs!


 Then we tested out some fancy cars.  I checked out the fancy minivans!





 This is the first time I have ever been at the fair at night.  It was a new experience.  There is a parade and  light show.  It was awesome.  I loved watching Elliot watch the parade.  His eyes were lit up the whole time.  It was priceless!

I was surprised at how cool the floats were.  They were real floats, not just your small town trucks with a sign on the side.  The Real Deal!







 We let each kid pick a second treat for the night.  Ols and Els chose cotton candy.  Good choice, boys!



 Clayton chose the fried thanksgiving dinner.

 He gave it a thumbs up!





 We were all going to ride the Texas Star together, but the line was insane!  So, three of us rode the sky walk and Joel and Clayton rode something else (honestly can't remember the name).


 This is what Clayton and Joel were on.  It went up way too high for my liking!
 I got the fried Nutella.  It was good, but so much sweetness!  I wish I had chosen something that leaned towards the salty.  

 The best ride of the night (per Oliver) was the ride to the car.  A friend of ours was working at the fair as an EMS and he gave us a ride on his medic cart to our car.  The boys thought it was so much fun.  I liked it because it was FREE!!!

 Hope to see you next year, Fair!

No comments: