"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Almost there!

 I cannot believe I can run 11 miles.  I have never considered myself an athlete.  I still have a hard time considering myself a runner because I just don't see myself that way.  Nonetheless, I ran 11 MILES!!  I have 36 days left until the half marathon and I am so close.  This was hard, but I know I can do it!  The humidity made it much more difficult!  I am experiencing some severe runner's toe which is when your underneath your toenails turns black.  It looks gross and is quite painful.  I have three toes that have fallen victim.  I never realized how often my kids step on my toes until just recently.  It HURTS!  My shoes fit fine.  I have done a lot of reading on it, and it is just something that happens when you run long distances, especially when you are new at it.  Poorly fitting shoes could also do it, but my toes have plenty of room in my shoes.  Maybe it is the shoes.  I don't know.  I could just paint them and try and ignore that it is there, but the nurse in my likes to assess them for any changes!!!  Thankfully, it does not hurt when I run.  Just when my kids step on them or I hit my toe against them.  When I am not running, I spend a lot of time in flip flops.  My legs feel great after running....it's just those toenails.  Next week...12 MILES!  Hopefully, I will be running with my sidekick and not alone.  So much easier to run with a buddy!

No comments: