"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My "Baby" Boy

How is it possible that he is my size?  How?  We just went to the doctor because he had Whooping Cough (yes, he is vaccinated) and he measured 5'2".  I am just shy of 5'3".  My attempts at keeping him little have failed.  We are coming into a new stage.  The pre-teen years and it has been a trying couple of weeks.  We are moving through uncharted territory and I am struggling to keep my head up, but at the end of the day, I will always love this boy no matter what.  I know that he has such a kind heart and that he loves Jesus.  I know that all of this "stuff" is just part of growing up and we will move through it.  Somedays, I might not be moving through it with a lot of grace or patience, but I am thankful for a God that shows me grace and patience.  

No comments: