"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The MetroPCS Marathon

That never happened.  Insert tears.  BIG ones.  I have been working towards this goal all year.  I started running for the first time ever in January.  I could barely run 1/4 mile with out nearly dying.  It was hard.  But, I decided to train for a 5k.  3.1 miles.  I accomplished that goal and decided to make an even bigger goal.  I decided to train for a half marathon.  The training was not easy.  It took a lot of dedication and a lot of early mornings out running even when I didn't want to.  It became more difficult when the runs got longer.  It was a huge time commitment.  Three weeks ago, my long run was 13 miles.  I didn't sleep much the night before because it terrified me.  I had already run 12, so what was the big deal.  One more mile.  I decided to go ahead and make it a 13.1 mile run just in case the half marathon didn't happen.  I actually ended up running 13.3 miles.  I texted Joel a mile out so he could be out to cheer me on when I arrived to the finish line (home).  I was ready.  But, the Icepocolypse happened.  And the race was cancelled.  So sad.  I decided on race day that I was going to run anyways.  It was 25 degrees and there was ice everywhere, but I had to do it.  I wasn't able to go until later in the day, so I didn't make it the whole 13.1, but ran a good 8 mile run.  I came home and a sweet friend had dropped off a medal she had made for me.  It said 13.1. You went big!    I am proud.  Just because the race didn't happen does not mean that I did not accomplish my goal.  I did it!  It took a few days of moping and I decided to sign up for the Cowtown Half in February.  Let the training continue.....

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

That is so awesome!
What a sweet friend.
Good luck at CowTown!