"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, January 4, 2014

33

Happy New Year and 33 months of waiting for our daughter (a few days late).  A few days ago, we received some news of discussions going on in Ethiopia on closing international adoption.  I was crushed by the news and was immediately overcome by a spirit of fear. I began started asking A LOT of "What ifs?".  I could not get past it.  I shed many of tears.  But, I have been taught so much over the past four years when we started this adoption process.  The biggest thing I have learned is trusting in God's sovereignty.  I have learned that He is BIG and I cannot fit Him into a box.  I have learned that my future is not determined by me and that God is ultimately in control.  "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).  I have learned that my joy is not determined by my circumstances.  "Rejoice in the Lord always!  I will say again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phillipians 4:4).  We did a study on Habakkuk this past year and it is a very small book in the bible.  Only 3 chapters, but I got so much out of this sermon series.  One of my new favorite passages is from Habakkuk 3:17-19. 

" Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD , I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights."

No matter what happens, my hope and my trust and my joy comes from the LORD.  I will rejoice in Him no matter what.  He has a plan for me.  He has a plan for a little girl to come into our home and we will not stop praying for that!  Please be praying for this.  Decisions will be made over the next week as to what will happen.  Our God is BIG and MIGHTY and he can do GREAT things.

          

No comments: