"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cowtown Half


Well, I finally did it!  After training for an entire year.  I ran my first half marathon.  And it was AWESOME!!!  I ran it in 2 hours and 26 minutes.  I had the best running partner too.  The hardest part was at mile 9.  It was a huge hill, but I knew my family was at the top of it, so it made it so much better.  Before the race, I got to see my long-time friend from my freshman year at TCU (almost 20 years ago).  She was running a 50k (31 miles).  It was fun to get to see her for just a moment.  She has been encouraging me this past year.  She is trying to get me to run a full...ummmm...we'll see.  I have my next half April 5th.  



1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Congratulations!!!!