"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The No Good, very Bad Birthday

Oliver has been so excited about his birthday and his party.  He has been counting down the days.  He came home from school and could not wait for his friends to come over.  Clayton made himself the party planner and even came up with some party games.  The boys were going to spend the night and then go play laser tag in the morning.  


 Looks like he's having a blast.  I then had to leave for the evening and left Joel in charge.  Around 10 pm, I got a phone call that Oliver was throwing up and he had called the boys' parents to come get them.  Ugh!  So sad.  My heart broke for him.






 Not only was he sick, he was really sick!  He threw up all night long and was in tremendous pain.    He said, "This is the worst day of my life."  I could not have agreed more.  I changed his sheets 10 times that night.  We were eventually out of sheets, so he just laid on a mattress protector.  Poor buddy! The next day, he slept all day.  He did not get out of bed one time.  But, in the evening, he was back to his old self.  Stomach virus, I despise you!
 We were about to head out the door to celebrate his actual birthday at my sister's house and low and behold, people started dropping like flies.  Elliot and Clayton started throwing up about the same time.  So, I sent Joel and Oliver.  My family had a little surprise planned for Oliver and they all hid and jumped out when he came in.  I wish I could've been there!



Facetime is the best and I got to sing him happy birthday with the rest of the family.  He got to do a birthday redo the next weekend.  

No comments: