"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fairview Half

I woke up so nervous to run my half this morning.  I was nervous because I was running it solo and also because I didn't feel as prepared as I was for the cowtown half.  The best thing was that I live only 15 minutes away and did not have to wake up at the crack of dawn and I slept really well the the night before.  The weather was perfect running weather.  Cool and cloudy.  My Garmin watch did not charge the night before for some reason, so I decided to make it a goal to stick with the 2:20 pacers.  The course had so many hills and was pretty tough.  But, I got to see my boys and Joel around mile 9 cheering for me and Megan, Joey and Hudson around mile 10.  It helped me push through.  I finished at 2 hours 18 minutes and 29 seconds.  8 minutes faster than the Cowtown.  I really wanted to set a new PR, but wasn't sure I could do it...but, I did.  I ran it at a 10:34 miles/hr pace.  Joel, the boys, Megan, Joey, Hudson and CayeDee were all at the finish line cheering me on.  Now trying to decide what is next! 






video

No comments: