"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dallas half

My 4th half marathon (one of them unofficial, but I count it!)  I had a hard time training this go round.  It was hard to get motivated.  A couple weeks before, my IT band flared up and I could barely walk.  I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the race.  The day of the race, I met up with a friend and we ran the entire way together.  It was so humid for the first part of the race, but it started to rain halfway through and it felt so good.  Every single mile, I just prayed that my knee would hold out for just one more mile.  And, it did.  I finished in 2:20 which was over my goal, but I am just thankful I finished.  I'm not sure what my racing future holds, but I am so thrilled that I have been able to accomplish this.







No comments: