"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, January 23, 2015

Annie's room

This room was just an extension of our master bedroom.  There were french doors to this room from our master, but that was the only entrance.  Kind of a hidden room.  It was Joel's office for awhile, but the people that built this house did not really have usable space in mind.  When we knew we were going to adopt, my Dad immediately figured out what we could do with this room.  My Dad can do anything.  So, he opened up a door in the hallway, closed in the door in our bedroom and voila. We now have a fourth bedroom.  The walls had to be textured and we needed new carpet, and of course PINK walls, but it is beautiful and I could not love it any more.  My sister bought us this beautiful crib and she gave us the furniture 4 years ago.  I just painted it white.  My sweet friend, Sheri, made the curtains and the bedskirt for her crib and I seriously cried when I saw them.  They are perfect and everything I had dreamed of.  The finishing touches are not added yet.  We still need pictures and curtains hung.  But, otherwise, it's ready for our baby girl.