"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Let the Memories Start Flowing

Recording life has taken a major backseat.  To say life has been overwhelming and hard might be an understatement.  But, I love to have things written down.  Not for others, but for us to be able to look back and remember.  So, I am going to attempt to go back and record some of the things that happened a year ago as we prepared and brought Annie home.  A few days before, I was at work, the same exact spot I was when we got our referral.  I saw the number on my phone and ran out of the room.  The letter that we had been waiting for had finally arrived.  Almost 8 months had passed.  It was supposed to only take 3-4.  But, ADOPTION...nothing goes as it is supposed to.  But,  it finally happened.  It was completely unexpected as our date for the letter to be written was a week away.  My co-workers, who are also some of my very best friends, were there and were able to rejoice with me.  They have been such a rock and prayed me through some very hard times.  We were told that it could take a week to find out our court date and we would probably travel in a few weeks.  This was a Friday.  On Monday, I was in the BSF leadership circle and we were closing up for the day and my phone rang.  I ran out into the hall and it was our court date.  I was shaking...the time had FINALLY COME.  We would FINALLY go get our daughter.  And, we would be leaving in 5 DAYS... 5!  5 days to pack for and indefinite amount of time.  5 days to get all the kids packed to be with grandparents for at least 10 days....EEK!  PANIC MODE!  I mean, I had only 5 years notice to get my stuff together.  Procrastination is a gift!   Annie, we are coming for you!!!!

No comments: